Main Idea

Hi Team!

On this page you will be considering what is the MAIN IDEA of a text.

You will need to follow the link to our online story “It Could Happen” by Carol Moore and read through it carefully. When you have finished the story, think about what the MAIN IDEA of the story was.

Open a Microsoft Word document and draft a comment about what you think the MAIN IDEA of the story was and WHY you think that. Make sure you give clear REASONS to JUSTIFY your thinking.

Your comment should be a QUALITY COMMENT!

Mrs Robson

21 comments

1. Dear World,
    I think this book was great because it had a good storyline and it was easy to see what was happening. I think the main idea of this story was that just because some things are different it doesn’t mean they should be locked up and that everything has the right to be free.
    I hope you enjoyed my post!
    JH

2. Hey what’s up world?
    I just read a story called “It Could Happen” and I really enjoyed it.
    I believe the main idea of the story is that even though someone else is different doesn’t mean you have to lock it up and look at it every day it won’t make you any similar to it. For example when they locked up the bird and every day and every one would come to look at it only because it was a different colour to everyone else.
    Another example is at the end of the story they let the bird go because everyone else was the same as the bird, and the bird was happy to be free, you know this because the bird had a glowing smile spread across his face. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you agree with what I think is the main idea of the story.
    From EV. 

3. Dear 5NR and others,
    I really enjoyed the story of “It Could Happen”. It was interesting and it made me think hard.
    I believe that the main idea of this fantastic story is that locking up and examining those who are different than you will not make you any more similar to them, locking them up is not the answer. It is mean and cruel, especially when they have the right to be free. In the story, all the colours came back when someone set the bird free. That is just more proof to support my idea.
    People came from all over to look at this strange bird because it was a different colour. This bird was discriminated and put in a cage it was different. Just because someone is a different colour doesn’t make them any different from us. I believe that if the bird was set free earlier in the story, all the colours would have come back.
    Thanks for reading my post on “It Could Happen” and hopefully you will agree with me.
    From ED.

4. Dear 5NR,
    I really enjoyed this book because of its importance that things change.
    I enjoyed it because it made other people feel that people find anything different interesting because it made other people give something to make a pet famous but they captured it and they used it to make money.
    I hope you enjoyed my post.
    YD

5. Hello 5NR,and fellow bloggers,
    I enjoyed this text because I’ve never read a text like this before or like the world’s turned violet or anything. I believe that the main idea was that Jay the little bird wasn’t changing colour when everyone else was so the best scientists in the world found a feather of Jay’s and did a scientific experimenton this bird. My favourite part was when the world keep changing colour and everyone was trying to catch the bird. This bird was famous for the world because he wasn’t changing colour thanks for reading from KK

6. Hello world,
    I am looking forward to sharing my ideas about “Could it happen?”
    I believe the main idea of this story “Could it happen” is “WHY DOES THE BIRD STAY BLUE?” because the bird was taken and put in cage because it was the only thing that wasn’t violet, yellow, orange or pink.
    Thank you everyone for reading my post I hope you enjoyed my post.
    AZ

7. Hello world,
    I really enjoyed reading the story “It could happen”.
    I believe the main idea is people shouldn’t make such a big deal of things or people because they are different. The reason I think this is because in the story people were debating, gathering scientists and lining up to see the blue bird from miles away just because it was a different colour from everything else. Also, soon after everything had returned to normal people had forgotten about the bird as if nothing had really happened, so there was no point making such a big deal out of how one bird was different to other people after all.
    Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my post.
    NK

8. S’up world,
    I think the story was quite interesting as it also was a bit confusing. I think the main idea of this storyline was about a world changing colour on the same day every year but the same bird stayed blue as everything else swapped colour, but then everything changes back to their original colour as if nothing had ever changed.
    I hope to write soon, man.
    From JTR

9. Hello world,
    I really liked your posts about the Blue Jay. I really enjoyed how the reader thought of the lands and that the person let the bird out. I believe that the main idea of this story is how all the colour changed and how the Blue Jay stayed the same colour. I hope you enjoyed my post. Have you ever changed colours???
    SS-T

10. Hey how is it going world, that story was really cool. I think the main idea was about everything changing colour except the blue jay. It was a really good storyline.
    I hope you enjoyed my post, thanks for reading and visiting our blog. See ya! HT

11. Hello world
    I think this story was a great story and had a perfect storyline. I think that the main idea of the story was the whole place was turning violet except for the bird. Just because your different means that their doing something else everyone is not the same.
    From DT

12. Dear fellow bloggers,
    Thank you for visiting our site. I believe we will gradually have more views. I really enjoy blogging as I’ve always wanted to blog. My favourite part about blogging is sharing my thoughts with everyone. Blogging is something very quiet and extremely fun. I really like reading. The book we are currently reading is The Phantom Tollbooth. The main idea of the story is a boy called Milo meets other characters on the way. He is on a mission to find 2 princess named Rhyme and Reason. It is a great book! Thank you for reading and happy blogging!
    From WL

13. Greetings fellow bloggers,
    I really excited about sharing my ideas to you.
    I think that the story “it could happen” was a very interesting story because everything just turned violet and the only creature that was normal was the little BLUE jay was its normal colour blue and while the time went past the world turned blue, yellow,orange,pink and violet it was a very interesting little story.
    Thanks for reading fellow bloggers.
    MR

14. Greeting fellow students,
    I really enjoyed reading the story ‘It could happen’.
    I think the main idea of the story was no matter what colour you are, our what background your are from we all have the same abilities and we may have different skills but we are all humans and we all have 1 good chance to be happy in life and not be violent and hurt others. So to put all of this in to one sentence all you have to say is we are all the same.
    I hope you enjoyed reading my post.
    JTH

15. Dear world and beyond,
    It looks like everybody has really enjoyed the blog for this year, thanks Mrs Robson!
    I liked reading it could happen it was quite interesting and I wanted to know what would happen next. It was quite easy to tell what the main idea is , it was that the whole world turned violet except for one thing the blue jay.
    from CW

16. Dear world and beyond,
    FROM RT

17. Dear 5NR,
    I think that we have been posting very well structured comments recently. I believe that the main idea of the text was that you are just as important in life as everyone else because everyone wanted to see the bird because it was the only blue thing in the world until everything turned blue an then it became just a important as everything else.
    Thanks for reading!
    DC

18. Dear world,
    Thank you for sharing your posts.
    I believe that the main idea of the text is that don’t keep things because they are different because the blue jay was caught and everyone wanted to see it.
    I hope you enjoyed my post D.W

19. Hi universe
    I have just been reading an interesting book called “It Could Happen”.
    I really enjoyed this book and how it made me think a lot.
    This story was about the world changing colours including all the people plants cars food…everything! Although one little blue bird never changed its true colour. I believe that the main idea of the story is that just because you’re the odd one out doesn’t mean that your any less special or important compared to others. I also believe that just because things are different doesn’t mean it or you should be judged differently.
    I hope you enjoyed my post about “It Could Happen”
    SS

20. Hello world,
    I really enjoyed the story “It Could Happen”. I thought it was very interesting.
    I believe that the main idea of “It Could Happen” is that just because one thing in the world is different, you don’t have to lock it up and watch people lining up for miles just to see it. I believe this because when the world turned blue no-one was interested in the blue jay and someone actually let it go. When the world turned back to normal, everyone forgot about the blue jay and they didn’t need to make such a big fuss about the blue jay in the first place.
    Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed reading my post and that you agree with the main idea.
    Sincerely, LL 🙂

21. Dear 5NR,
    I really enjoyed your post about it could happen.
    I disagree that the bird didn’t go violet because everything else is violet. I thought the story was interesting. I hope you enjoyed my post.
    from JK