Term 4 Learning Goals

Hi team!

For the last time this year we will be formulating and writing our learning goals! We are fast approaching the end of the year and will be the leaders of the school in 2015! As such, we will be focusing our learning goals on personal and interpersonal development.

Our expertise in blogging will mean that all our goals are quality comments, and that these should be detailed and specific to our areas for focus! I look forward to working with you all to develop these skills before the end of the year.

Happy posting!

Mrs Robson

20 comments

1. Hello world,
    I am really excited that Term 4 has started!
    My personal development goal for this term is approaching new people a lot better because I want to have more friends.
    I would like to work on this by being more positive in everything I do. I think if I continue to be more positive, I’ll make more friends because everybody loves positive people. I think a very important part of my development will come from trying to make friends with people I don’t know. I believe I have made progress towards my goal when I notice that I have become more comfortable in making new friends.
    I hope you like my post.
    From D.W

2. Hi world,
    This term I am excited about camp!
    My personal development goal is to work on my negotiation skills. I would like to develop my negotiation skills because when I disagree with someone, I would like to be able to reach a compromise easily. I would like to work on this by thinking about the other person’s point of view as well. I think that if I continue to work around other people I will improve my negotiation skills. I think that a very important part of my development will be working with lots of people. I believe that I will feel like I have made progress towards my goal when I am able to come to a middle point with another person if we disagree.
    -ED

3. Dear earthlings,
    I am happy to be back at school once again.
    My personal development for this term is to learn how to be a leader without being looked at as a bossy. I would like to learn this skill because I would like to keep working with my friends.
    I will work on this by ONLY giving suggestions not ‘you have to!’s or ‘don’t do it that way!’s and putting my comments more positively or using ‘majority rules’ or other fairness techniques.
    Thanks for reading my post,
    K.C

4. Hey everyone,
    I can’t wait until camp; it’s going to be so fun!
    My personal development goal for this term is to build on my leadership skills, because I would like to be a school leader next year and you need leadership skills to be one.
    I will work towards this goal by being more active and co-operative when we work in groups. Another way I can achieve this goal is to help around the school yard, to see if anyone is hurt or needs help. I think a very important part of my development will come from home as well, like helping out mum and dad or my sister.
    I believe that I will feel that I have conquered my goal when I feel more confident around other people and I am ready to take on more leadership roles.
    Thanks for reading my post, EV 🙂

5. Dear world,
    I am really looking forward to all the great things we do this term. My personal development goal for this term is to become a more active listener; I want to improve on this skill because I would like to take my listening skills to the next level.
    I would like to work on this by understanding what people mean when they make comments. I think that if I continue to work on this I will become more active in conversations. I think that a very important part of my development will come from using my imagination to put myself in other people’s shoes.
    I believe I will feel like I have made progress towards my goal when I notice that people know that I’m trying to build towards my idea.
    Sincerely DC

6. Dear world,
    I am very excited about camp this year.
    My personal development goal for this term is to work well with people I don’t normally talk to. I would like to develop this skill so I can finish all my group work and not stay in at lunch times to work. I would like to work on this by doing more random group activities so I’m not with people I normally work with. I think that if I continue to work in groups this skill will dramatically improve. I think a very important part of my development will come from my peers and teacher.
    I will feel that I have made progress towards my goal when I feel confident with working in random groups.
    Thanks for reading my post and I hope you like it.
    Sincerely, LL

7. Hey world,
    I can’t wait till camp and I just want to jump out of my skin!!!
    My personal learning goal for this term is to develop my leadership skills because nobody can tell me what to do apart from Mrs. Robson!!! I would really like to be a leader not a follower. I think if I work on this I will be able to gain a lot more confidence. I strongly believe that if I try my best I will be able to achieve my goal.
    Bye for now JTH

8. Dear world,

I am really excited about heading into year 6 next year.

My personal development goal for this term is to become more advanced with my communication skills because I want to be able to talk with people I don’t know well. I think that if I start socialising with other people it will help me reach this goal. I think a very important part of my development is being able to have a good conversation with people I don’t usually talk to.

I believe I will feel like I have made progress towards my goal when I notice that I can talk more fluently with people I don’t know well.

Thank you for reading! NK

9. Hello World,
    I am really excited about being the leaders of the school next year. I would like to develop my skills by looking after my guinea pig and cleaning my room. I would like to do this by trying every day and preventing my mum from scolding me! I will also do this by practising my piano every day. I believe I feel like I have made some progress on that because I have cleaned my clothes and worked very hard. I can’t wait for the elections because I will try my best to write them as well.
    From SS-T

10. Hello world!
    I am very excited about the 2015 school captain elections, so my personal development goal for this term is to show more leadership skills.
    I would really like to become a school captain next year, so therefore, that’s my goal. I really like smaller children looking up at e and saying ‘WOW!’ I think that if I work towards my goal, I will succeed. It is a very important part of life. I will try to be a better leader when working in groups. I believe that this is not a hard goal so I will succeed.
    From WL

11. Dear World,
    I’m really excited to be back at school!
    My personal development goal for this term is to be more confident in being able to speak aloud in front of large groups of people because, at the moment when I talk in front of large groups of people the second I start speaking I feel extremely embarrassed . I think I can improve on my speaking in groups skills by coming up with more ideas. This would help me because more ideas means more talking! I will know when I achieve my goal because then I won’t feel as embarrassed when I speak in large groups
    I hope you enjoyed my post,
    JH

12. Dear World
    I am really excited for camp because it is the best
    My personal development goal this term is to be more like a leader.
    I would like to be a school and sport captain because I would like to get in to a good high school and be nicer. I would like to work on this by being more mature and also I would like to do this by volunteer in for lots of things.
    I will feel when I’ve made progress towards my goal when I get asked to be the leader for anything. YD

13. Personal development
    My term 4 learning goal is having confidence skills with approaching new people. I think I would like to gain a lot more confidence.
    I would like to work on this by greeting people with more confidence. I will also try to mix in with more people that I don’t know. I think I also need to seem a lot happier meeting new people like with a lot more excitement.
    I think I have achieved this if I start playing with a range of people at home and at school.
    By GC

14. Dear fellow bloggers,
    I am really excited about camp next month!
    My personal development for this term is to build on my Leadership skills. I would like to develop my leadership skills by not bossing people around and I would like for people to feel like they can come to me for any advice. I think that if I continue to build on my Leadership skills I am confident that I will be given leadership opportunities next year!
    Thank you for reading my term 4 goals! From MR

15. Dear world,
    My personal development for this term is to improve my confidence. I want to develop this because when I get to high school and do drama I don’t want to be afraid to talk. I would like to work on this by saying more during class and to not to be afraid if I say something wrong. I think a very important part of my development will come from talking more. I believe I will feel like I have made progress towards my goal when I notice that when we do plays I am willing to be the narrator. I hope you enjoyed my post. From JK

16. Greetings fellow bloggers,
    My personal development goal for this term is to work on my behaviour on approaching new people. I would like to develop my ‘approaching new people’ skill by being more friendly towards new people. I would like to improve my skill so that I have more friends.
    I would like to work on this by generally being nicer to new friends and more friendly . I think that if I continue to be more friendly and nicer than I usually do, I will develop more friends.
    I believe I will feel like I have made progress towards my goal when I notice that I have more friends.
    Thanks for reading! CW

17. Hello world,
    I am very excited to be back at school for term 4.
    My goal for this term is working with others. I will try to achieve this goal by going up to people who I don’t normally work with so I can get used to working in new groups. Another way I can do this is if I work with people rather than working by myself. One more way I can achieve this goal is that I can agree with my friends more rather than arguing and walking away angry.
    I hope to achieve this goal this term.
    AZ (;

18. Hello Universe,
    This term I am excited about going on camp. For term 4 my personal goal is to participate more in class discussions. I would like to develop this skill so I will be able to share my ideas more often. One of the things I will do is become more confident with what I want to say. Another thing I will do is listen carefully to the teacher so I have a larger range of ideas to share. I hope to achieve this goal in term 4.
    Thankyou for reading my comment,
    SS

19. Dear world
    I am excited about camp this term. My personal development goal is to be more confident when I’m speaking to a large amount of people and being a leader. I would like to work with other people and meet and make new friends. I think I need to work on my leadership skills, by speaking up and being confident. I think if I keep on going I will achieve it and hopefully will become a leader. Hope to achieve this by the end of the term and in year 6.
    From DT

20. S’up world,
    I am looking forward to the end of Year 5 Term 4. My Personal Development goal is to work better in a group. I would love to improve these skills as I’m not very cooperative whilst working with others.
    I will work on this by organising who will do what before my team and I start our activity, I will try to do this all the time.
    I believe that this is quite an important goal as I can avoid arguments with this procedure. I will notice if this strategy works if the number of arguments decrease whilst working togeather in group situations.
    See ya! JTR